Integrated MALDI Imaging
MALDI Imaging Made Simple
Discover a completely integrated workflow designed to take the guess work out of tissue imaging by utilizing our ChIP-1000 and the Axima series.
- Reproducible automated matrix delivery directly to the sample surface using the CHIP-1000.
- Deposition of discrete droplets minimizing diffusion and maintaining localization of components within the tissue.
- Seamless export of sample location to the Axima™ MALDI mass spectrometer
- Automated acquisition of MS data – profiling or imaging
- Visualization of the spatial distribution of components of interest via intensity mapping software.
- Easy export of data to alternative processing packages, including BioMAP
ChIP 1000 - Delivers pico-liter volumes of reagent to a tissue surface using piezo-electric technology.
- MALDI matrix is precisely delivered to specific surface locations via a non-contact spotting method, minimizing the possibility of contamination. Matrix can be automatically and reproducibly deposited directly onto a tissue surface in pre-selected regions.
- Large matrix arrays can be generated to cover the entire surfaces of tissue sections (imaging) or smaller arrays can be used to study the differences between a number of different areas within the tissue (profiling).
- The system incorporates a camera and an onboard scanner. The camera is employed to optimize and monitor droplet formation, whilst the visible light scanner is used to identify target areas on the tissue surface for reagent delivery, aid visualization of the deposited arrays and create a target map for printing.
- The CHIP-1000 also has an image import functionality. This enables tissue images to be imported from other scanning devices and overlaid on the tissue image on the MALDI plate. The CHIP-1000 facilitates the simple transfer of spotted sample locations to the Axima™ MALDI mass spectrometer for mass spectral data acquisition.
Axima MALDI Mass Spectrometry - Sensitive and flexible MALDI mass spectrometry, ideal for imaging and profiling experiments.
- All Axima™ systems can be seamlessly integrated into a tissue imaging/biomarker discovery workflow. Using unique CHIP-1000 Imaging Experiment software each print array can be seamlessly configured for acquisition.
- A simple stage alignment procedure and highly accurate stage motors ensure that the laser fires precisely on each of the deposited matrix spots - crucial, considering each matrix spot can be < 200 um in diameter! Our advanced laser technology ensures averaged intensities across each print position by roaming within a set print position.
- A variety of different sample targets and adaptors can be used, including microscope format MALDI targets suitable for clinical applications. Plate files and methods for data acquisition are automatically generated using the information provided by the CHIP-1000 and spectra can be generated over a mass range of interest.
- Peptides, proteins or small molecules, for example drugs and their metabolites, can be analysed directly from the tissue surface allowing the user to determine the distribution of the target compound within the sample.
Powerful software solutions for interpretation of imaging experiments
- Data can be visualized using the proprietary Intensity Mapping software functionality.
- Total ion currents or selected masses (or mass ranges) of interest can be displayed as reconstructed images by means of user definable, colour-coded display options.
- 2D maps can be generated, providing at-a-glance location and relative abundance information for target masses.
- The export feature of all Axima™ systems permits the easy transfer of data from the LaunchPad™ instrument software to a wide variety of alternative processing packages, including BioMAP, the widely used platform independent MALDI mass spectrometry imaging software.