Ceramics, Metals, Mining
Applied geochemical analysis is of value to geologists, mining engineers, metallurgists, and geochemists and requires reliable instrumentation capable of accurate analysis in complex matrices. Whether looking for trace levels of precious metals, doing geochemical exploration on thousands of samples, or assaying concentrates or final product Shimadzu provides instrumentation that fits your needs.
Necessary tools for the geochemical analysis laboratory:
The analytical balance is essential for all analytical laboratories.
A UV-Visible spectrophotometer allows even impoverished laboratories to perform high quality chemical assays with very minimal investment.
The Total Organic Carbon Analyzer (TOC) accurately measures carbon in solid and liquid samples.
The Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer is one of the most powerful, reliable, and cost effective tools for elemental analysis available.
Inductively Coupled Argon Plasma (ICP) is a multi-element technique capable of measuring trace to major elements and semimetals with little interference.
X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) provides qualitative mineral identification in solid samples.
WDXRF and EDX provides rapid, non-destructive elemental analysis or rocks, minerals, concentrates, metals and ceramics with little or no sample preparation.
Gas Chromatography (GC) analyzes mine air for quality and safety.
Metals are used in the manufacture and construction of cans, cars, buildings, bridges, aircraft, and much more. Shimadzu provides a range of products offering precise, high-speed testing and composition analysis to ensure your metals meet all applicable standards and regulations.
Learn more about Shimadzu's metal testing equipment.
- High-Speed Imaging of Laser Ablation Process (High-Speed Camera)
- Observation of Bending Fatigue Testing of Metal Plate at Ultrasonic Frequency (High-Speed Camera)
- Analysis of Additive Elements, Wear Metals, and Contaminants in Used Lubricating Oil According to ASTM D5185: ICPE-9820 (ICP)
- Simultaneous Analysis of Major and Trace Elements in Plating Solution by ICPE-9820 (ICP)
- Simultaneous Analysis of Trace and Major Elements in Iron and Steel by ICPE-9820 (ICP)
- Analysis of Heavy Metals in Sewage Sludge and Sewage by ICPE-9820 (ICP)
- Analysis of Heavy Metals in Toys and Accessories by ICPE-9800 Series (ICP)
- Screening Analysis with EDX-7000 Navi Software (EDX)
- Observation of Destruction of Micro Glass/Plastic Beads (High-Speed Camera, Testing & Inspection Machines)
- Quantitative Analysis of Tin (Sn) in Plastics by EDXRF (EDX)
- Analysis of Chelate Compounds Through Direct Sample Introduction (GCMS)
- Measurement of Metal Ion in Plating Solution by Flame Atomic Absorption (Atomic Absorption)
- Measurement of TOC in Electroplating Solution by TOC-LCSH (TOC)
- TOC Application Handbook (TOC)
- QC Analysis of Magnesium Alloy Die Castings by EDXRF (EDX)