Petroleum - Fossil Fuels
Maintaining an efficient, productive plant while ensuring a clean environment in which all regulations are met is a delicate process that demands powerful instruments. Shimadzu understands this balance.
Shimadzu began building Gas Chromatography (GC) products in 1955 and remains committed to building the best GC products in the world. During that time, the petrochemical industry started to grow rapidly. The old distillation and other testing methods were inadequate for quality control requirements of modern refineries, so these methods were replaced by newer, at the time, analytical methods using GC. Thus, the first Shimadzu gas chromatographs were sold to the petrochem industry. We have continued for over 60 years, developing newer purpose-built GC’s for the petrochemical and hydrocarbon processing industry.
Offering a range of systems to meet your specific demands, Shimadzu can provide you with the versatility to ensure compliance with methods from ASTM, the GPA, the EPA, and more, while helping to pave the way for the study and conversion of bio resource products like corn into fuel-grade oxygenates, such as ethanol.
Simulated Distillation Gas Chromatography System
The combination of Shimadzu’s GC-2010 Plus high-performance capillary gas chromatograph and LabSolutions simulation distillation software permits accurate and highly reproducible analysis of high-boiling components (up to 120 carbon number) in crude oil samples. The system’s dedicated injection unit achieves low carryover and provides analysis results with high reproducibility.
Meeting all applicable ASTM, ISO, EN, and JIS standards, it is the optimal system for feedstock characterization in the oil refinery process.
- Shimadzu Simulated Distillation brochure (GC)
- System GC Catalog (GC)
- Trace Oxygenated Hydrocarbons in Hydrocarbon Streams (GC)
- Band Gap Measurement of Polycrystalline Silican Wafer (UV/VIS)
- Analysis of Brominated Flame Retardant in a Waste Plastics by Thermal Desorption-GC/MS Technique (GCMS)
- New Applications Using GC BID Detector (GC)
- Trace Analysis of Carbon Dioxide in High-Purity Hydrofluorocarbon (GC)
- Analysis of Inorganic Gas by GC-MS (GCMS)
- Analysis of Light Oil Utilizing a GC x GC-MS System (GCMS)
- Analysis of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons Using GC-MS (GCMS)
- Analysis of Gasoline Using a GC-MS (GCMS)
- Analysis of Metal Wear in Used Lubricating Oil Via ASTM 5185 (ICP/AAS)
- Analysis of Additive Elements in Lubricating Oil According to ASTM D4951 (ICP/AAS)
- Simplified Measurement of Coumarin in Diesel Oil (RF)
- Analysis of Additive Elements in Lubricating Oil Using ICPE-9000 (ICP)