Hydrogen Gas Safety - GC Parts
- Precautions During Installation
- Precautions When Operating the Instrument
- Precautions for Maintenance, Inspections, and Adjustments
- High-Pressure Gas Cylinder Precautions
- Dangers Associated with Gas Chromatograph During Operation
- Gas Chromatograph Operation Procedures When Using Hydrogen Gas
- Cautions When Using Hydrogen Gas with FID, FPD or FTD Detectors
- Recommended Emergency Measures
- GC Parts
The gas chromatograph parts differ according to whether hydrogen or some other gas is used. Consult your Shimadzu representative when selecting parts.
Pressure regulator valves are available for nitrogen/argon, hydrogen, or helium.
Gas tubes are available with a left-hand thread for hydrogen. Gas tubes are available according to the gas type and position.
Stable Hydrogen Gas Supply Source A9150-100 Hydrogen Gas Generator
A hydrogen gas generator provides a much more stable gas supply than a gas cylinder.
As hydrogen is generated by the electrolysis of water, the set flow rate is not exceeded if a gas leak occurs. A hydrogen gas generator eliminates the need for dangerous and expensive hydrogen gas cylinders.
A single hydrogen gas generator can supply high-purity (99.995 %) hydrogen gas to a gas chromatograph at a flow rate of up to 160 mL/min. The device has CSA, UL, IEC, and CE Mark certification for laboratory use.
For more details, contact your Shimadzu sales representative.