SIL-30ACFV Flow Vial Autosampler for Dissolution
The Nexera series SIL-30ACFV autosampler is a unique flow vial autosampler for use with 3rd party dissolution systems.
What is dissolution?
The effectiveness of a drug’s dosage form relies on the drug dissolving in the fluids of the GI tract prior to absorption in the body. Dissolution is a standardized method for measuring the rate of drug release from a dosage form. The typical technique for dissolution is the paddle/basket method – a paddle stirs a solution to dissolve a drug dosage form and the solution is then tested periodically to determine when it has completely dissolved. Dissolution analyses involve either UV spectroscopy or HPLC with UV detection. Manual sample collection limits lab productivity.
Flow-through Vial Autosampler with HPLC
Connecting the Nexera X2 UHPLC system (including the SIL-30ACFV) with a 3rd party dissolution tester enables complete automation. From dissolving tablets to analyzing main components at various sampling intervals, calculating dissolution ratios, and supporting for test results output.
Two Analysis Modes
- Fraction Mode – 5 minute testing intervals
- Direct Analysis Mode – Greater than 30 minute testing intervals
Ready for 8 flow-through lines
- The SIL-30ACFV is equipped with flow through vials enabling the HPLC injection of sample fractions taken from the flow through stream of a dissolution unit.
- This simplifies elution testing and minimizes analysis time.
- Option for increasing to 12 flow-through lines.