AXIMA Performance MALDI TOF/TOF Mass Spectrometer
Highest Energy MS/MS Fragmentation
A diverse range of applications are supported, including fully automated proteomics experiments, LC MALDI analyses, functional genomics, quality control and polymer interrogation.
- Designed with the flexibility to adapt to users' workflow: from single sample manual acquisition to fully automated data-dependent peptide mass fingerprinting and MS/MS for protein identification.
- Peptide mass fingerprints are acquired and subjected to an optional integrated Mascot® database search.
- User-defined acceptance limits for PMF-based protein identification.
- Data-dependent MS/MS: using the results of the PMF search, MS/MS may be performed on ions that matched to the top ranked protein hit (confirmation MS/MS), in addition to those that were not (investigation MS/MS). Batch searching of these MS/MS spectra is then performed automatically to provide further and higher confidence protein identification.
- Data may be reprocessed and resubmitted for database searching at a later time to provide additional information.
LC MALDI integrated package
- The AXIMA Performance provides total support for LC-MALDI based experiments.
- The software suite allows the fully automated acquisition of LC separated samples deposited onto MALDI targets and the subsequent identification of proteins via MS/MS of the peptides detected.
- Automatically provides a provisional intensity map of all sample spots across the target to assess the distribution of peptides and identify the position of the apex of the chromatographic peaks. These are utilized to generate a candidate list and MS/MS data acquired for all discrete peptide ions.
- Exclusion lists are used to remove known contaminants or high abundance peptides.
- All data is subjected to an integrated Mascot® search.
- Low sample consumption allows multiple spectra to be acquired from the same spot increasing the amount of MS/MS data obtained.
Biomarker Recognition/Tissue Imaging
- The AXIMA Performance allows full integration with the CHIP-1000™ matrix delivery system to allow seamless tissue imaging experiments
- Reproducible automated matrix delivery directly to the sample surface using the CHIP-1000™.
- Seamless export of sample location to the AXIMA MALDI mass spectrometer
- Automated acquisition of MS data - profiling or imaging
- Visualization of the spatial distribution of components of interest via intensity mapping software
- Easy export of data to alternative processing packages, including BioMAP