Frontier Lab Pyrolyzer and Accessories
Characterize virtually any organic material from biomass to synthetic polymers
EGA/PY-3030D Multi-Shot Pyrolyzer is capable of characterizing polymer samples using a variety of techniques:
- Evolved Gas Analysis (EGA)
- Thermal Desorption (TD)
- Heart-cutting (HC)
- Pyrolysis (PY)
- PY-3030S Single-Shot Pyrolyzer
- PY-Screener for Phthalate Esters (Product Flyer - PDF)
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of polymers and additives with little or no sample preparation
- 48 position Auto-Shot Sampler provides complete automation
- F-Search software with chromatograms and mass spectral data facilitate identification of polymers and polymer additives
Leading the Way in Material Characterization
The EGA/PY-3030D Multi-Shot pyrolyzer is a versatile instrument allowing the user to characterize virtually any organic material, including solids. It is based on proven vertical micro-furnace technology that is temperature programmable from ambient (+10°C) to 1050°C. Applications include all types of polymers, additives, inks and coatings, paper, adhesives, elastomers, and even biomass. The pyrolyzer is routinely used to identify materials, for trouble-shooting, for lot to lot variations, screening of incoming raw materials, competitive analysis, R&D and QC applications, and more.
The Tandem micro-Reactor (Rx-3050TR) is a new product from Frontier. This system consists of two reactors in tandem. The 1st reactor provides a means to vaporize or pyrolyze a gas, liquid, or solid sample. The 2nd reactor contains a catalyst bed that can transform materials such as biomass or other feedstocks into products e.g., biofuels or other high-value products. This system is also useful for engineers, providing an on-line system for the rapid characterization of catalysts.