DT Series Differential Transformer Extensometers
ISO Class 1 Compliant Differential Transformer Extensometers
Shimadzu’s DT series of extensometers uses differential transformer technology to measure displacement. Compliant with Class 1 standards in ISO 9513 and JIS B7741, whose limits are ±3 µm or ±1% of the specified value, whichever is larger, and Class C standards set by ASTM E83, the DT series extensometers are ideal accessories for Shimadzu’s UH-X/FX series, AG-X plus series, and AGS-X series universal testers.
The DT series is available in three structure types:
- Type A – 4-point holding structure with large measurement range
- Type B – 4-point holding structure with smaller measurement range and for specimens with small thickness
- Type C – 3-point holding structure with smaller measurement range and for thicker specimens
Compliant with Metallic Material Tensile Tests and Strain Rate Control Test Methods
The DT series is compliant with ISO 6892-1 and JIS Z2241 tensile test standards for metallic materials and “Test Rates by Strain Rate Control” from ISO 6892-1 Method A and JIS B7741.
Specimen Size and Measurement Range Specifications
Gauge length: 50 mm (2.0 in)
Accuracy: Extensometer Class 1 (within ±3 µm or ±1% of the specified value, whichever is larger)1, 2, 3
|Model||Type||Applicable Sample Size 4||Measurement Range
Width x Thickness
|DT50-50-45||A||23 to 45
(0.91 to 1.8)
|40 max. x 23 to 45
(1.6 max. x 0.91 to 1.8)
|DT50-50-25||A||6 to 25
(0.24 to 0.98)
|40 max. x 6 to 25
(1.6 max. x 0.24 to 0.98)
|DT50-10-10||B||3 to 10
(0.12 to 0.39)
|40 max. x 0.2 to 10
(1.6 max. x 0.0079 to 0.39)
1) Accuracy when calibrated simultaneously with an amplifier. Existing amplifiers will require on-site calibration.
2) The latest version of amplifiers built into the UH-X/FX series and AG-X plus series universal testers or the latest ESA amplifier is required for compliance with these DT extensometers. Existing amplifiers may not be compliant.
3) DT extensometers do not accommodate fractures.
4) Samples should have enough rigidity so they are not deformed when installing the extensometer