Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer
Single Quadrupole GC-MS
The Shimadzu single quadrupole GCMS-QP2020 NX gas chromatograph-mass spectrometer (GC-MS) not only boasts the best performance in its class, but also the highest efficiency. This new high-end single-quad GCMS excels in both ease-of-use and robustness. The role of high-performance analytical instruments is expanding in areas as diverse as environmental pollution monitoring, forensics and material science. Whatever your field, the efficient and reliable GCMS-QP2020 NX is tailored to meet the needs of your laboratory.
- High-performance ion source and ion optics enhance ionization and transport efficiency
- Large-capacity turbomolecular pump with enhanced exhaust efficiency improves use with helium as well as hydrogen and nitrogen
- Improved temperature control function enables more precise oven temperature and three new cooling rate levels that can be specified
- Easily switch between EI and PCI methods using new Smart-CI source
- High-speed scan and data acquisition using Advance Scanning Speed Protocol (AASPTM) to achieve speeds up to 20,000 µ/second across all masses
- Ecology mode reduces costs associated with power and carrier gas consumption
A large-capacity differential exhaust turbomolecular pump and a high-performance flow controller ensure that the utmost in sensitivity is obtained under all conditions used for GC. This sensitivity combined with high-speed analysis capabilities helps maximize laboratory efficiency by reducing analysis times...
The efficiency of multi-component simultaneous analysis is dramatically improved thanks to Smart SIM™, which simplifies and automates the method creation, and LabSolutions Insight™ software, which greatly reduces the time needed for analyzing data...
With GC/MS, which has significant qualitative capabilities, a wealth of fragment information is obtained, so it is used as a means of identifying unknown compounds. A mass spectral library is generally used as a means of compound identification...
Converting Helium GCMS methods to Hydrogen
In this video we will discuss the use of hydrogen carrier gas as an alternative carrier gas for GCMS. Topics will include what changes need to be made to the instrument, what software changes need to be made to run hydrogen carrier gas, and the conversion from helium methods to hydrogen methods.
News / Events
October 30 - November 4
Gaylord Rockies Resort and Convention Center
Shimadzu at ASMS 2023
Join Shimadzu in Houston for ASMS 2023 - June 4th - 8th
Philadelphia Convention Center
Booth # 2812
October 30 - November 4
Cleveland Convention Center
Booth # 714
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments and PACE Analytical Services Develop New Alternative Test Procedure to EPA Method 1613B
12 Responsible consumption and production
Eco Products Plus Certified products