TOC-L Laboratory Total Organic Carbon Analyzers
Standalone or PC-controlled Combustion Analyzers
The TOC-L series of TOC analyzers adopts the 680°C combustion catalytic oxidation method, developed by Shimadzu and used worldwide. While providing an ultra-wide range of 4 μg/L to 30,000 mg/L, these analyzers boast a detection limit of 4 μg/L. This is the lowest detection limit available using the combustion catalytic oxidation method. In addition, the combustion catalytic oxidation method completely oxidizes not only easily decomposed, low-molecular-weight organic compounds, but also hard-to-decompose insoluble and macromolecular organic compounds.
Extremely wide measurement range from 4 μg/L to 30,000 mg/L*, applicable to everything from ultrapure water to highly contaminated water （TOC-LCSH/CPH）
- Capable of TC, IC, TOC (= TC-IC), and NPOC measurement; options enable POC (volatile organic carbon), TOC via POC + NPOC, and even TN (total nitrogen) measurements
- The blank check function evaluates system blanks by measuring ultrapure water processed automatically within the instrument
- The automatic dilution function enables measurements up to 30,000 mg/L
*Multiple calibration curves or sample volumes. Lowest concentrations require the high sensitivity catalyst.
Reliable sample injection system
- Automatic sample acidification and sparging
- The automatic dilution function reduces sample salinity, acidity, and alkalinity, significantly extending the period of use of catalysts and combustion tubes (The period of use depends on the sample and measurement conditions.)
- Stat or priority samples can be added at anytime to the analysis schedule without interrupting operation even when an autosampler is used
Select from 4 models to suit your application
The TOC-L series consists of a high-sensitivity model with a detection limit of 4 μg/L, making it suitable for a variety of applications, including pure water measurements, and a standard model designed for more routine TOC measurements. Each analyzer is available as an LCD and keyboard-equipped standalone model, or as a PC-controlled model.
In addition, the USB format provides an external interface, enhancing the equipment's versatility. Even the standalone models are capable of output to a general-purpose PC printer or to a USB memory stick.
Options to further enhance functionality
With the TOC-L series, numerous options enable a variety of functional enhancements. These include simultaneous measurement of TOC and TN (total nitrogen) (when a TN unit is added), the use of compressor air (when a carrier gas purification kit is added), and the measurement of gas samples and solid samples (when a gas sample injection kit and solid sample combustion unit are added).
Enhanced seawater sample measurement and small sample volume options are available.
Space-saving and energy-saving design
The width of the instrument is 20 % less laboratory bench space in comparison with conventional Shimadzu models. The TN module sits on top of the instrument and does not consume any extra bench space.
Replace your TKN tests with a Shimadzu TOC-L and Total Nitrogen Module (TNM). With the TN Module, you can determine TN and TKN by ASTM D8083. This method determines TN without a preliminary digestion. Results are available in less than five minutes.
This product conforms with Shimadzu's ECO labeled product. Energy Saving: Power consumption reduced by 36 % (100 V) and 43 % (200 V) as compared to a conventional Shimadzu product. (Assuming 8 hours operation/day × 5 days/week)