Total Organic Carbon Analyzer
The TOC-L series of TOC analyzers adopts the 680°C combustion catalytic oxidation method, which was developed by Shimadzu and is now used worldwide. While providing an ultra wide range of 4 μg/L to 30,000 mg/L, these analyzers boast a detection limit of 4 μg/L through coordination with NDIR. This is the highest level of detection sensitivity available with the combustion catalytic oxidation method. In addition, the combustion catalytic oxidation method makes it possible to efficiently oxidize not only easily-decomposed, low-molecular-weight organic compounds, but also hard-to-decompose insoluble and macromolecular organic compounds.
Extremely wide measurement range from 4 μg/L to 30,000 mg/L, applicable to everything from ultrapure water to highly contaminated water （TOC-LCSH/CPH）
- Capable of TC, IC, TOC (= TC-IC), and NPOC measurement; options enable POC (volatile organic carbon), TOC via POC + NPOC, and even TN (total nitrogen) measurements
- The blank check function evaluates system blanks by measuring ultrapure water processed automatically within the instrument
- The automatic dilution function enables measurements up to 30,000 mg/L
Reliable sample injection system
- Automatic sample acidification and sparging
- The automatic dilution function reduces sample salinity, acidity, and alkalinity, significantly extending the period of use of catalysts and combustion tubes (The period of use depends on the sample and measurement conditions.)
- Stat or priority samples can be added at anytime to the analysis schedule without interrupting operation even when an autosampler is used
Select from 4 models to suit your application
The TOC-L series consists of a high-sensitivity model with a detection limit of 4 μg/L, making it suitable for a variety of applications, including pure water measurements, and a standard model designed with cost performance in mind. Each analyzer is available as an LCD and keyboard-equipped standalone model, or as a PC-controlled model.
In addition, the USB format has been adopted as the external interface, enhancing the equipment’s versatility. Even the standalone models are capable of output to a general-purpose PC printer or to a USB memory stick.
Options to further enhance functionality
With the TOC-L series, numerous options enable a variety of functional enhancements. These include simultaneous measurement of TOC and TN (total nitrogen) (when a TN unit is added), the use of compressor air (when a carrier gas purification kit is added), and the measurement of gas samples and solid samples (when a gas sample injection kit and solid sample combustion unit are added).
Sea water sample measurement and small sample volume options have also been enhanced.
Space-saving and energy-saving design
The width of the instrument is 20 % less in comparison with conventional Shimadzu models. This enables more effective use of laboratory space. The instrument width is unchanged even when the TN unit is added.
This product conforms with Shimadzu’s ECO labeled product. Energy Saving: Power consumption reduced by 36 % (100 V) and 43 % (200 V) as compared to a conventional Shimadzu product. (Assuming 8 hours operation/day × 5 days/week)
How To Troubleshoot for Poor Reproducibility in a Shimadzu TOC-L Instrument
Shimadzu is the world leader in TOC-L instrumentation. In this video, we'll show you how to resolve poor reproducibility for replicate injections of standards or samples using the Shimadzu TOC-L instrument.
How To Troubleshoot a High Baseline Error in a Shimadzu TOC L Instrument
Shimadzu is a world leader in TOC instrumentation. In this video, we will demonstrate how to correct for a high baseline error on TOC LC combustion instruments.
TOC-L Analysis flow
News / Events
Machine Design Award
12 Responsible consumption and production