Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Plastics, and Polymers
A portion of refined crude and synthetic oils, as well as derivatives from natural gas processing, are used as feedstocks in polymer, plastic, and rubber production. Such products are ubiquitous in modern life, with uses in vehicles, electronics, toys, clothing, among others. Chemical and physical testing of these products is critical to ensure their purity, safety, performance, and utility. Shimadzu offers a variety of solutions to assess the chemical and physical properties of these products
Chemicals & Petrochemicals
Whether used as catalysts, reactants, reagents, or feedstocks for other products, understanding their chemistry are critical to manufacturing and process control.
- High-speed screening of pyridine adsorption on TiO2 Catalyst
- Online TOC monitoring of process condensate
- TOC in the Chemical Industry
TOC for Industrial Chemicals
Plastics & Polymers
From food packaging to children’s toys, from automobiles to spacecraft, analyses of plastics and polymers is critical to ensuring their performance and safety.
- Py-Screener - Screening for Pthalate Esters using GC/MS
- Toxic Elements in Plastic by ICP-OES
- ASTM D638 & ISO 527 - Tensile Tests of Plastic
Shimadzu's Solutions for Plastics Evaluation