Nexera HPLC/UHPLC Autosampler - SIL-40/SIL-40C
The beauty of our new autosamplers lies within their ability to maintain ultra-low carryover with fast injection cycles. By placing the needle in the flow path, the entire sample path is constantly being flushed with the mobile phase gradient. Injections are designed to be clean with minimum cycle times, ensuring reliable and rapid analysis. Such autosamplers can be equipped with up to 3 of our new plate changers, allowing users to reach a capacity as high as 16,000+ samples on a single system. Shimadzu’s latest cooled autosamplers can reach the set temperature in 20 minutes, critically important for heat-sensitive samples. Various automated pretreatment functions are now standard on all models, improving throughput and precision by eliminating the need for manual sample preparation. Unique co-injection pretreatment can improve the peak shape of early eluting compounds while avoiding incorrect peak integration. Dual injection mode doubles the throughput and enables 2 complementary analyses to run simultaneously on a single system, saving your precious time and space in the laboratory. LabSolutions software allows results from multiple analyses to be displayed on a single report (using our latest Multi Data Reporting option).
The most economical pair of Shimadzu’s autosamplers provide unattended sample injection and use a needle-in-flowpath design to minimize carryover. They offer sample pretreatment, loop injection, and optional inner and outer needle rinsing capability. Model SIL-40C is equipped with an air cooling mechanism for temperature control down to 4oC to protect thermally-sensitive samples. Both autosamplers support shallow- and deep-well MTP, as well as a wide ranges of vial volumes. For additional sample capacity, up to three plate changers (temperature controlled with the SIL-40C) can be added. SIL-40A/40C autosamplers have a pressure tolerance of 44 MPa (440 bar) and are recommended with the LC-40D pump.
- Features a needle in the flow path design to minimize carryover.
- Standard sample loop (100 µL), an optional sample loop (500 or 2000 µL) and a fixed-loop configuration (5 or 20 µL) are available.
- Total injection method: 0.1 to 100 µL in increments of 0.1 µL from 0.1 to 9.9 µL, and 1 µL from 10-50 µL.
- Performs sample pretreatment including dilution, reagent addition, co-injection of samples, stacked injection, and overlapped injection.
- Temperature control from 4 to 45°C (± 2°C accuracy,) with a forced air cooling mechanism to reduce condensation (SIL-40C only).
- Industry-leading cycle time of ≤ 7 seconds.
- Injection volume repeatability: RSD ≤1.0% for 0.5-0.9 µL, RSD ≤0.5% for 1.0-1.9 µL, RSD ≤0.25% for 2.0-4.9 µL, RSD ≤0.15% for injections ≥5.0 µL.
- Injection volume accuracy of ±1% for 5 μL injections (n=20).
- Carryover performance: 0.0025% (no needle rinsing) and 0.0005% (with rinse).
- Equipped with a static rinse port to rinse the outside of the needle before and/or after aspirating sample. An active external needle rinse pump can be added as an option.
- A 3-solvent internal rinse option is available to clean the inside of the needle and loop after sample injection to further reduce carryover.
- A dual injection mechanism can be installed for high throughput operation or complementary analysis.
- Maximum pressure rating of 44 MPa (440 bar).