Nexera HPLC/UHPLC Column Oven - CTO-40C
Shimadzu has designed the new 40 series column ovens to optimize temperature control accuracy and stability. The new forced hot air circulation with Peltier cooling designs are equipped with automatic fan speed control, maximizing thermal transfer between the heater and the column compartment even in the case of power source voltage fluctuations.
The new CTO-40C is a full size, high capacity oven that holds various sizes of columns. A switching valve can be installed for multiple column use in method development. Precise and stable temperature control of the mobile phase, column, and sample improves retention time reproducibility for superior qualitative and quantitative analyses. The new built-in dual leak sensors detect tiny leakages of the mobile phase, leading to safer and more reliable performance. An optional active preheating system can even warm up the sample band and mobile phase before reaching the column. This optional unit preheats the column inlet tubing to match the set oven temperature to improve peak shape.
- Temperature control range is (ambient - 10)°C to 100°C and the temperature setting range is 4°C to 100°C in 1°C steps.
- Temperature accuracy is ±0.5°C.
- Temperature control precision is ± 0.05°C.
- The oven can store at least 6 columns of 150 mm length or 3 columns of 300 mm length.
- The oven can mount 2 manual injectors, 2 inside flow-channel selection valves, a gradient mixer and a cell block of the conductivity or electrochemical detector.
- The oven can use a mixer recognition device to log the size of the mixer installed.
- The oven communicates with up to two optional column management devices to track column history.
- Unit dimensions is 260mm x 415mm x 500mm (WxHxD).