Nexera HPLC/UHPLC Pump - LC-40B X3
Boost your separation with Shimadzu's most powerful UHPLC pump. Our goal is to ensure low pulsation, gradient formation accuracy, and retention time reproducibility with our parallel dual plunger design. One LC-40BX3 can deliver two solvents for reliable high-pressure gradient separation. Its new design has no flow channel meeting point inside the pump, making it a true binary pump in a compact housing. The ultra-high pressure tolerance (up to 130 MPa/1300 bar) allows for the use of sub-2μm particle columns.
LC-40B X3 Specifications
- Dual pump configuration, each with parallel dual micro plunger (10µL) construction, equivalent to 2 LC-40D X3 in a single, space-saving enclosure.
- Flow rate range from 0.1 uL/min to 10 mL/min with accuracy of ± 1 % or ± 2 µL/min (whichever is larger), and precision < 0.06% or 0.02 min SD (whichever is larger) of the set flow rate.
- Maximum pressure of 130 MPa/1300 bar (up to 3mL/min), with pH range of 1-14.
- Built-in peristaltic pump washes behind the seals to minimize salt precipitation if buffered mobile phases are used.
- Unique FlowPilot technology ramps up the pump flow gradually, waits for the column to reach its set temperature, then ramps to the set flow rate, reducing potential column damage from pressure shock.
- The pump can display total operating time, volume of solvent delivered for each seal, and maintenance, error and operation logs.
- FlowPilot automatic diagnostic and recovery capabilities allow monitoring of pressure fluctuations for anomalies, restoration of normal operation, and can also alert users of low solvent levels.
- Users can set solvent compressibility to further reduce pulsation during operation.
- External valve option to supply 2 different solvents to each pump.
- Can be controlled by the LCD front panel keypad, web browser, and various HPLC and LC-MS/MS software.