IRAffinity-1S Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) Spectrophotometer
The IRAffinity-1S Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) spectrophotometer is ideal for high-precision analysis to identify foreign matter and contaminants in raw materials, medical products, cosmetics, packages and coatings. It is an ideal workhorse instrument suitable for teaching, routine QA/QC analyses and research. It offers full functionality for all FTIR techniques, including transmission, diffuse reflection and attenuated total reflection (ATR) to meet a diverse range of application requirements.
The IRAffinity-1S, mid-size FTIR instrument from Shimadzu, provides a perfect balance of performance and usability for all types of laboratories. Measurements and identification are carried out within seconds using the included spectral library of over 12,000 spectra (more available as add-on). With its unique design, the IRAffinity-1S offers a highly stable dynamic alignment mechanism and the robust S/N ratio of 30,000:1. In addition, it features an electronic auto drying system which is active even when the unit is not powered on. With the active electronic drying system, the IRAffinity-1S FTIR spectrophotometer provides an airtight interferometer structure that ensures that the optical components are fully protected, maintaining the long-term stability.
The standard-sized sample compartment of IRAffinity-1S allows for a wide variety of accessories, both from Shimadzu and third-party accessories manufacturers, including a variety of ATR accessories and FTIR microscopes to address any analytical need. Many accessories are available with an auto-recognition chip system, allowing automated FTIR testing and parameters setup. This enhances security options for regulated environments while reducing errors associated with users and environment.
In addition, with the included advanced LabSolutions IR control software, users can get most out of the instrument in terms of data acquisition, analysis, data integrity and users administration. With proper software compliance package, the IRAffinity-1S and the software setup can provide total data integrity, users administration and audit trail to fully comply with FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliance.
- Standard-sized sample compartment ensures the use of accessories manufactured by both Shimadzu and third-party accessories makers
- Wide varieties of accessories available – Attenuated Total Reflectance (ATR), FTIR microscope, Reflectance measurement (Diffuse and Specular), Solid Sampling Kit, Liquid Sampling Kit, Gas Measurement Kit and many more, including custom accessories (Accessories Selection Guide)
- ATR accessory reduces analysis time significantly compared to traditional KBr pellet method and sample prep is non-existent
- FTIR microscopes (AIM-9000 microscope, SurveyIR microscope) allow for measurements of very small, micron sized, samples. These samples include microplastics, contaminants in circuit boards and deposits in machinery fractures, just to name a few
- Signal-to-Noise ratios of 30,000:1, the highest in its class - high spectral quality ensures robust chemical ID
- FTIR Library containing 12,000 spectra of common polymers, chemical compounds and contaminants is included. Additional libraries are available as add-on.
- Electronic dehumidifier ensures that the interferometer is always free of moisture even when the unit is not powered on. This produces high-quality data and prolongs the life of the instrument
- Advanced Dynamic Alignment system ensures optimum and stable quality spectra
- Included LabSolutions IR software offers advanced features such as film thickness measurement, validation functions, Kramers–Kronig transformation, spectral search, peak pick, advanced PLS analysis and many more.
- Advanced Regulatory Compliance
- GLP/GMP, FDA 21 CFR Part 11 and other regulations with appropriate software package
- Full support for Pharmacopeia (JP, USP and EP). Validation programs are included for users to periodically measure and record the integrity of measurements
- Enhanced security functions to provide audit trails and various user authority levels (“Administrator”, “Developer” and “Operator”)
Related Accessories and Items
Relevant Documents and Resources
Relevant Application Notes
- Confirmation of Raw Material Quality - Dealing with "Silent Change" Counterfeiting
- Quantifying "Silent Change" Using EDXIR-Analysis Software: EDX-FTIR Contaminant Finder/Material Inspector
- Determination of Storage Lipid Contents by Total Organic Carbon (TOC) Analyzer and Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrophotometer (FT-IR) in Non-Destructive Microalgal Cells
- Quantitative Analysis of Recycled Plastics Using FTIR - Mixing Ratio Calculation Method
- Taking Advantage of the Contaminant Library
- Quantification of Natural Sugars in Baby Food Products by MID FTIR Spectroscopy
- Imaging with the AIM-9000 Infrared Microscope- Defect Analysis in the Electrical and Electronic Fields
- Microplastic Analysis Using the AIM-9000 Infrared Microscope