IRTracer-100 Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) Spectrophotometer
The research-grade platform for FTIR Speed, Sensitivity and Resolution
Combining high speed, sensitivity and resolution with enhanced expandability and easy-to-use FTIR software, the IRTracer-100 FTIR spectrophotometer is your answer for research and development. In addition to carrying out routine work, IRTracer-100 is ideal for analyzing gas, micro contaminants and work requiring analysis in the near-IR and far-IR regions. Applicable markets are pharmaceutical, environment, food, forensics, nanomaterials, chemicals and electronics. It offers full functionality for all FTIR techniques, including transmission, diffuse reflection and attenuated total reflection (ATR) to meet a diverse range of application requirements.
The IRTracer-100 offers a highly stable dynamic alignment mechanism and the robust S/N ratio of 60,000:1 for highly sensitive and accurate measurements. Furthermore, additional detectors, light sources and beam splitters can be added to expand to the far-IR and near-IR regions (overall scan range of 12,500 to 240 cm−1), as well as to achieve more sensitivity with MCT (Mercury-Cadmium-Telluride) detector. The instrument is also fully suitable for monitoring rapid reactions or in-line gas measurement with the capability to obtain up to 20 spectra/second. In addition, it features an electronic auto drying system which is active even when the unit is not powered on. With the active electronic drying system, the IRTrcer-100 provides an airtight interferometer structure that ensures that the optical components are fully protected, maintaining the long-term stability.
The standard-sized sample compartment of IRTracer-100 allows for a wide variety of accessories, both from Shimadzu and third-party accessories manufacturers, including a variety of ATR accessories and FTIR microscopes to address any analytical need. Many accessories are available with an auto-recognition chip system, allowing automated FTIR testing and parameters setup. This enhances security options for regulated environments while reducing errors associated with users and environment.
In addition, with the included advanced LabSolutions IR control software, users can get most out of the instrument in terms of data acquisition, analysis, data integrity and users administration. With proper software compliance package, the IRTracer-100 and the software setup can provide total data integrity, users administration and audit trail to fully comply with FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliance.
- Expandable to include near-IR and far-IR regions in addition to standard mid-IR region
- Ideal for monitoring rapid reactions or in-line gas measurement with up to 20 measurements/second. Learn more
- Standard-sized sample compartment ensures the use of accessories manufactured by both Shimadzu and third-party accessories makers
- Wide varieties of accessories available – Attenuated Total Reflectance (ATR), FTIR microscope, Reflectance measurement (Diffuse and Specular), Solid Sampling Kit, Liquid Sampling Kit, Gas Measurement Kit and many more, including custom accessories (Accessories Selection Guide)
- ATR accessory reduces analysis time significantly compared to traditional KBr pellet method and sample prep is non-existent
- FTIR microscopes (AIM-9000 microscope, SurveyIR microscope) allow for measurements of very small, micron sized, samples. These samples include microplastics, contaminants in circuit boards and deposits in machinery fractures, just to name a few
- Signal-to-Noise ratios of 60,000:1, the highest in its class - high spectral quality ensures robust chemical ID
- FTIR Library containing 12,000 spectra of common polymers, chemical compounds and contaminants is included. Additional libraries are available as add-on.
- Electronic dehumidifier ensures that the interferometer is always free of moisture even when the unit is not powered on. This produces high-quality data and prolongs the life of the instrument
- MCT (Mercury-Cadmium-Telluride) detector can be added for highly sensitive measurements
- Advanced Dynamic Alignment system ensures optimum and stable quality spectra
- Included LabSolutions IR software offers advanced features such as film thickness measurement, validation functions, Kramers–Kronig transformation, spectral search, peak pick, advanced PLS analysis and many more.
- Advanced Regulatory Compliance
- GLP/GMP, FDA 21 CFR Part 11 and other regulations with appropriate software package
- Full support for Pharmacopeia (JP, USP and EP). Validation programs are included for users to periodically measure and record the integrity of measurements
- Enhanced security functions to provide audit trails and various user authority levels (“Administrator”, “Developer” and “Operator”)
Related Accessories and Items
Relevant Documents and Resources
Relevant Application Notes
- Microplastic Analysis Using the AIM-9000 Infrared Microscope
- High Resolution Analysis of Carbon Monoxide (CO) Gas
- High-Speed Monitoring of Curing Reaction in UV-Irradiated Resin by Rapid Scan
- Investigation of Additives in Plastics by FTIR-ATR Spectroscopy
- Imaging with the AIM-9000 Infrared Microscope- Defect Analysis in the Electrical and Electronic Fields
- Quantitative Analysis of Oil and Grease in Water Using FTIR Based on ASTM D7575
- IRTracer-100, LabSolutions IR, Chemometrics Quantitative Determination of Protein, Total Fat, and Carbohydrate Contents in Milk by FT-NIR Spectroscopy Method
- Verification of Sigma-Aldrich Spectral Libraries on a Shimadzu FTIR Spectrophotometer
- Analysis of Thermally Degraded Plastics Using Thermally Degraded Plastics Library - Applications to Contaminant Analysis
- Analysis of Commercial Honeys for Corn Syrup Adulteration by FTIR Spectroscopy
Relevant Literature Citations
Indira Devi, M., Nallamuthu, N., Rajini, N., Senthil Muthu Kumar, T., Siengchin, S., & Varada Rajulu, A. (2019). Biodegradable poly(propylene) carbonate using in-situ generated CuNPs coated Tamarindus indica filler for biomedical applications. Materials Today Communications, 19, 106-113. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mtcomm.2019.01.007
Ogutveren, U., Karaer, F., Findik, E., & Kagnicioglu, B. (2018). Determination of Antioxidant Capacity and Total Polyphenol Content of the Extracts from Three Different Parts of Olive Plant and the Green Production of Iron Nano Particles (GInPs). International Journal of Chemical Engineering and Application, 9(3), 97-100. https://doi.org/10.18178/ijcea.2018.9.3.706
Qi, H., Zhang, X., Jiang, M., Yang, L., & Li, D. (2017). Optical constants of polycrylamide solution in infrared spectral region. Optik, 146, 27-32. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijleo.2017.08.055
Kaplan, M., Kilic, T., Guler, G., Mandli, J., Amine, A., & Ozsoz, M. (2017). A Novel Method for Sensitive MicroRNA Detection: Electropolymerization Based Doping. Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 92, 770-778. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bios.2016.09.050
Zahra, N., Abbas, A., Saeed, B., Abbas, N., & Hussain, M. (2018). Synthesis and Characterization of Nd-Substituted Lithium Nickel Nano Ferrites Using Co-Precipitation Method. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Letters, 10(8), 1142-1146. https://doi.org/10.1166/nnl.2018.2744