Shimadzu Amyloid MS Service
For the rapid detection of Alzheimer’s Disease in blood
Shimadzu recently developed the Amyloid Mass Spectrometry (MS) Service — a new simple, low-cost blood test for early screening of amyloid-positive subjects. This method enables early and accurate detection of amyloid deposition in the brain with an easy-to-acquire blood sample.
Unlike conventional methods, Shimadzu’s new test is minimally invasive, cost-effective and suitable for large-scale deployment.It’s the only blood test capable of detecting abnormal amyloid-beta deposition in the brain with 90% accuracy.For Research Use Only. Not For Use in Diagnostic Procedures.
Shimadzu’s Amyloid MS Service offers…
- Reduced costs per test
- A less invasive blood-based sampling technique
- Low sample volume requirements (0.5 mL)
Shimadzu has built an efficient process for analyzing samples:
- Samples are collected and shipped to Shimadzu.
- Shimadzu analyzes the samples.
- Shimadzu sends a detailed report via electronic format.