MALDImini-1 Digital Ion Trap Mass Spectrometer
Compact size and easy installation
With its simple configuration, it is possible to install the compact MALDImini-1 in small places where mass spectrometers previously could not fit. Its unique Digital Ion Trap (DIT) technology, along with the innovative design of the laser optics, sample stage, and vacuum exhaust system, drastically reduces the space needed for the device.
- Space-saving A3 size footprint and 25 kg (55.12 lbs) lightweight
- Built in vacuum pumps and installable anywhere with a conventional 100 V AC power supply
Start MS measurement immediately after sample preparation
Users can place the MALDImini-1 on a workbench and check MS results right next to the sample preparation area, allowing for a more convenient workflow. Sample and matrix are simply spotted on the sample plate, dried, and loaded into the instrument. Analysis can begin in as little as five minutes. This fast, simple setup enables users to conduct and repeat even in-depth structural analyses in a short time span.
- Save time and start your analysis right away. Your machine is on the workbench ready to begin processing samples.
- During sample preparation, mix your sample and matrix, then load it onto the sample plate.
- You can quickly perform complicated analyses and repeat the process by eliminating wasteful waiting time.
Minimum Sample Volume
Highly Sensitive MS and MSn measurements over a wide mass range with MALDI + DIT
In addition to measuring micro-quantity samples with the MALDI-MS, it can be used for complex structural analysis.
- High-sensitivity MSn measurement by a combination of vacuum MALDI, optics with high ion transmission efficiency, and DIT technology
- lMS mass range: m/z 650 - 70000
Wide mass range comparable to TOFMS
Wide variety of compounds from synthetic polymers to biomolecules, including proteins, peptides, carbohydrates, and lipids
- MSn mass range: m/z 350 - 5000
The only device capable of MALDI-MSn in spite of its compact size
(All other devices for MSn are large-sized stationary types such as MALDI-7090 and iMScope in Shimazu, and ultrafleXtreme and rapifleX in other companies.)
Good for structural analysis of unknown biomolecules (protein digests, peptides, post-translationally modified peptides, and sugar chains)
The Technology Behind the MALDImini -1
■Compact design with unique ion optics system and layout
The laser optic system, sample stage, and vacuum exhaust system have all been finely optimized to reduce the size of the device.
■Digital Ion Trap (DIT) technology provides high sensitivity over a wide mass range, despite the device's small footprint.
The world-first* Digital Ion Trap (DIT) technology, unique to Shimadzu, uses rectangular wave RF to trap ions rather than the sine wave RF which was previously used in ion-trapping devices.
＊As of May 2019, from internal research
With the dedicated control software for MALDImini-1, you can take measurements just by setting simple analysis parameters. Switch quickly and easily between MS, MS/MS and MS3 modes for seamless analysis. Data can be exported in mzML or mzXML formats.
■Compatibility with Software Solutions
Powerful processing tools can be used to analyze your exported mzML or mzXML data. These tools include MASCOT for identifying protein digests, SimGlycan™ for processing MSn data for glycans, and eMSTAT Solution™ for statistical analysis.
- Analysis of Modification Site of Chemically Modified Antibody Using MALDImini™-1 Compact MALDI Digital Ion Trap Mass Spectrometer
- Analysis of Glycopeptides Using MALDImini™-1 Compact MALDI Digital Ion Trap Mass Spectrometer
- Analysis of N-Linked Glycan using MALDImini™-1 Compact MALDI Digital Ion Trap Mass Spectrometer: Structural Analysis and Identification of Sialyl Linkage Isomers