SolidSpec - 3700i/3700i DUV UV-Vis-NIR Spectrophotometer
Shimadzu’s SolidSpec-3700i and SolidSpec-3700i DUV (Deep-UV) spectrophotometers are top-of-the-line systems offering high sensitivity, deep UV measurement and very large sample compartments. These spectrophotometers are capable of measuring from deep-UV to visible and up to 3,300nm in the near-IR and respond to the optical, semiconductor and FPD (flat panel display) market needs. Other common applications include but are not limited to haze analysis, band gap analysis, photovoltaics, coatings, and optical component characterization.
The SolidSpec-3700i and SolidSpec-3700i DUV (Deep-UV) are equipped with very large sample compartment to analyze large solid samples without having the need to cut them to a fit in a conventional spectrophotometer. Measurable wavelength range span from 185nm to 3,300nm in the SolidSpec-3700i and 165nm to 3,300nm in the Solid Spec-3700i DUV. The spectrophotometers come outfitted with integrating spheres but a DDU (Direct Detection Unit) can be installed to carry out direct transmittance measurements. With the available automatic X-Y stage, a large sample (maximum sample size: 700 mm×560 mm) can be measured with users being able to assign sampling points in the software. The spectrophotometers are suitable for all kinds of samples, especially large samples encountered in the field of materials that absorb or reflect in the deep-ultraviolet, ultraviolet, visible and near-infrared regions. Main researches and markets utilizing this instrument include materials characterization in electronics and optics, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, life sciences, environmental, textiles and food.
Shimadzu LabSolutions UV-Vis control software is included with the instrument. Measurement modes include photometric, spectrum, quantitation, kinetics, time course and bio-methods. Advanced software add-on for Film Thickness Measurement, Color Measurement, UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor) Calculation and Daylight Transmission Measurement are also available.
With the LabSolutions UV-Vis software, users can get most out of the instrument in terms of data acquisition, analysis, data integrity and users administration. With proper software compliance package, the SolidSpec-3700i and SolidSpec-3700i DUV UV-Vis-NIR spectrophotometers and the software setup can provide total data integrity, users administration and audit trail to fully comply with FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliance.
SolidSpec-3700i and SolidSpec-3700i DUV Specifications
- Measurable wavelength range of 185nm to 3,300nm on the SolidSpec-3700i and 165nm to 3,300nm in the Solid Spec-3700i DUV, which is capable of measuring in the deep-UV region
- Automatic X-Y stage accessory available for carrying automatic analysis of large samples (maximum sample size: 700 mm×560 mm) at user-selectable points on the sample.
- Ultra low stray light and high resolution for solid, wafers, films, optical components, coatings and liquids measurements
- Selectable bandwidths to comply with requirements of regulated laboratories and high-end research
- Advanced software add-on for Film Thickness Measurement, Color Measurement, UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor) Calculation and Daylight Transmission Measurement
- Multi-cell changer, film holder, integrating spheres, variable angle measurement accessory and reflectance measurement accessories are available
- Advanced Regulatory Compliance – Full support for Pharmacopeia (JP, USP and EP), GLP/GMP, FDA 21 CFR Part 11 and other regulations with appropriate software package
- Enhanced security functions to provide audit trails and various user authority levels (“Administrator”, “Developer” and “Operator”)
- A diversity of measurement modes: photometric, spectrum, quantitation, kinetics, time course and bio-methods
Documents & Resources
Relevant Application Notes
- Evaluation of Transmittance Dependence on Incident Angle in Glass Plate Coated with TCO Film used for Thin Film Solar Cell
- Evaluation of Photonic Materials with Biomimetic Structural Coloration
- Characterization of Fluorescent Filter Blocks with the SolidSpec-3700 UV-Vis-NIR Spectrophotometer
- Application of SolidSpec-3700 with the Automatic X-Y Stage -Measurement of Transmittance Distribution Map of Sample Plane
- Variable Angle Absolute Reflectance System for SolidSpec-3700
- Absolute Reflectance Measurement of Anti-Reflective Film for Solar Cells Using the SolidSpec-3700
- Evaluating Optical Properties of Diamonds and Natural Gemstones
- Characterization of Dichroic Filters Using the Shimadzu VAR Absolute Specular Reflection Accessory