SolidSpec - 3700i/3700i DUV UV-Vis-NIR Spectrophotometer
Shimadzu’s SolidSpec-3700i and SolidSpec-3700i DUV (Deep-UV) spectrophotometers are top-of-the-line systems offering high sensitivity, deep UV measurement and very large sample compartments. These spectrophotometers are capable of measuring from deep-UV to visible and up to 3,300nm in the near-IR region and respond to the optical, semiconductor and FPD (flat panel display) market needs. Other common applications include, but are not limited, to haze analysis, band gap analysis, photovoltaics, coatings, and optical component characterization.
The SolidSpec-3700i and SolidSpec-3700i DUV (Deep-UV) are equipped with a very large sample compartment to analyze large solid samples without having to cut them to fit in a conventional spectrophotometer. Measurable wavelength range spans from 185nm to 3,300nm in the SolidSpec-3700i and 165nm to 3,300nm in the Solid Spec-3700i DUV. The spectrophotometers come outfitted with integrating spheres but a DDU (Direct Detection Unit) can be installed to carry out direct transmittance measurements. With the available automatic X-Y stage, a large sample (maximum sample size: 700 mm×560 mm) can be measured with users being able to assign sampling points in the software. The spectrophotometers are suitable for all kinds of samples, especially large samples encountered in the materials science field that absorb or reflect in the deep-ultraviolet, ultraviolet, visible and near-infrared regions. Main researches and markets utilizing this instrument include materials characterization in electronics and optics, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, life sciences, environmental, textiles and food.
Shimadzu’s LabSolutions UV-Vis control software is included with the instrument. Measurement modes include photometric, spectrum, quantitation, kinetics, time course and bio-methods. Advanced software add-ons for Film Thickness Measurement, Color Measurement, UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor) Calculation and Daylight Transmission Measurement are also available.
With LabSolutions UV-Vis software, users can get the most out of the instrument in terms of data acquisition, analysis, data integrity and user administration. With the proper software compliance package, the SolidSpec-3700i and SolidSpec-3700i DUV UV-Vis-NIR spectrophotometers and the software setup can provide total data integrity, user administration and audit trails to fully comply with FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliance.
SolidSpec-3700i and SolidSpec-3700i DUV Features
- Measurable wavelength range of 185nm to 3,300nm on the SolidSpec-3700i and 165nm to 3,300nm in the Solid Spec-3700i DUV, which is capable of measuring in the deep-UV region
- Automatic X-Y stage accessory available for carrying out automatic analysis of large samples (maximum sample size: 700 mm×560 mm) at user-selectable points on the sample.
- Ultra-low stray light and high resolution for analysis of solids, wafers, films, optical components, coatings and liquids
- Selectable bandwidths to comply with requirements of regulated laboratories and high-end research
- Advanced software add-ons for Film Thickness Measurement, Color Measurement, UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor) Calculation and Daylight Transmission Measurement
- Multi-cell changer, film holder, integrating spheres, variable angle measurement accessory, reflectance measurement accessories and an external light source emission measurement accessory are available
- Advanced Regulatory Compliance – Full support for Pharmacopeia (JP, USP and EP), GLP/GMP, FDA 21 CFR Part 11 and other regulations with the appropriate software package
- Enhanced security functions to provide audit trails and various user authority levels (“Administrator”, “Developer” and “Operator”)
- A diversity of measurement modes: photometric, spectrum, quantitation, kinetics, time course and bio-methods
Documents & Resources
Relevant Application Notes
- Evaluation of Transmittance Dependence on Incident Angle in Glass Plate Coated with TCO Film used for Thin Film Solar Cell
- Evaluation of Photonic Materials with Biomimetic Structural Coloration
- Characterization of Fluorescent Filter Blocks with the SolidSpec-3700 UV-Vis-NIR Spectrophotometer
- Application of SolidSpec-3700 with the Automatic X-Y Stage -Measurement of Transmittance Distribution Map of Sample Plane
- Variable Angle Absolute Reflectance System for SolidSpec-3700
- Absolute Reflectance Measurement of Anti-Reflective Film for Solar Cells Using the SolidSpec-3700
- Evaluating Optical Properties of Diamonds and Natural Gemstones
- Characterization of Dichroic Filters Using the Shimadzu VAR Absolute Specular Reflection Accessory
Relevant Literature Citations
Lyobha, C. J., Miyuka, N. R., & Samiji, M. E. (2018). Effects of Aluminium and Tungsten Co-Doping on the Optical Properties of VO2 Based Thin Films. Tanzania Journal of Science, 91-99. https://www.ajol.info/index.php/tjs/article/view/185915
Ma, W., Zhang, Y., Li, F., Kou, D., & Lutkenhaus, J. L. (2019). Layer-by-Layer Assembly and Electrochemical Study of Alizarin Red S-Based Thin Films. Polymers, 1-14. https://www.mdpi.com/2073-4360/11/1/165
Stankovic, N. K., Bodik, M., Siffalovic, P., Kotlar, M., Micusik, M., Spitalsky, Z., . . . Markovic, Z. M. (2018). Antibacterial and Antibiofouling Properties of Light Triggered Fluorescent Hydrophobic Carbon Quantum Dots Langmuir–Blodgett Thin Films. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 4154-4163. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acssuschemeng.7b04566#
Takeyasu, N., Yamaguchi, K., Kagawa, R., Kaneta, T., Benz, F., Fuiji, M., & Baumberg, J. J. (2017). Blocking Hot Electron Emission by SiO2 Coating Plasmonic Nanostructures. Journal of Physical Chemistry, 18795-18799. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.jpcc.7b02345
Kim, S. J., Byun, J., Jeon, T., Jin, H. M., Hong, H. R., & Kim, S. O. (2018). Perovskite Light-Emitting Diodes via Laser Crystallization: Systematic Investigation on Grain Size Effects for Device Performance. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2490-2495. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsami.7b15470