AXIMA Confidence Linear/Reflectron MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometer
High Sensitivity & Performance
An affordable, robust option for routine sample analysis performed manually or automatically, the AXIMA Confidence offers reliable mass information and MS/MS-derived structural detail. A linear mode enables outstanding levels of analysis of high-molecular weight samples while the reflectron mode, incorporating the patented curved-field reflectron, provides high resolution and mass accuracy.
Taking MALDI-TOF MS Beyond the Standard
- Powerful MALDI-TOF performance for reliable mass information and MS/MS derived structural detail.
- Linear mode allows the interrogation of high molecular weight samples, while the reflectron mode, incorporating the patented curved-field reflectron (CFR), provides the high resolution and mass accuracy necessary for successful proteomics and life science experiments.
- High-sensitivity system using a variable repetition rate 50 Hz N2 laser and advanced ion optics to meet all sample throughput requirements.
- Pulsed extraction of ions from the MALDI source, in combination with the unique reflectron design, improves resolution, and enhanced calibration algorithms with easy-to-use software provide more accurate data.
- Excellent sensitivity is achieved using near-axis laser irradiation and advanced ion optics for enhanced ion transmission.
- Easily perform MS/MS – a seamless approach isolates ions of interest using a precursor ion selection device, incorporated as standard, and data-rich fragment ion spectra are quickly and simply acquired.
Like all AXIMA MALDI-TOF systems, the AXIMA Confidence can be fully integrated with robotic sample preparation devices, including the AccuSpot MALDI plate spotter and CHIP chemical printer, to create application-specific platforms. Integration with the CHIP creates a powerful platform for tissue imaging, while using an AXIMA instrument with a Prominence GPC system and AccuSpot results in a fully automated platform for polymer analysis that delivers quick, detailed analysis of ultra-trace substances.