Drug Screening & Confirmation
Drug Screening and confirmation (blood, urine, oral fluids, THC, DOA): With the number of drug cases and intoxications increasing annually, it is important to effectively analyze and measure low levels of designer, medical, and illicit drugs in forensic laboratories.
Shimadzu's UFMS line of mass spectrometers allows for fast, accurate screening and confirmation for many of these drugs. Shimadzu offers not only chromatographic and mass spec solutions for different matrices such as oral fluids, blood, plasma, and urine, but also offers an automated online sample preparation system.
Shimadzu's multiple libraries and databases allow for accurate library searching and similarity score matching for over two thousand compounds. Most of this work has been performed using GC-MS; More recently, there has been a shift to LC-MS/MS due to the faster analysis times and simpler sample preparation.
Featured Shimadzu Applications
- Analysis of Postmortem Samples Using Automated Sample Preparation Coupled Directly to LC-MS/MS
- Determination of delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol and two of its metabolites in whole blood, plasma and urine by UHPLC-MS/MS using QuEChERS Sample Preparation
- Quick Turnaround Analysis of 8 Drugs for Driver Under Influence Using LDTD-MS/MS System
- Analysis of Ethlyglucuronide and EthlySulfate in Urine, Plasma and Serum by LCMS-8050 using RECIPE ClinMass LC-MS/MS Complete Kit MS8000
- A Novel Platform of On-Line Sample Pre-Treatment and LC-MS/MS Analysis for Screening and Quantitation of Illicit Drugs of Abuse
- Analysis and Quantitation of Cocaine on Currency Using GC-MS/MS
- Analysis of Toxicological Substances in Whole Blood Using Smart Forensic Database
- Quantitation of Ethyl Glucuronide and Ethyl Sulfate in Urine using LC-MS/MS