Cannabis & Hemp Testing Resources
On behalf of Shimadzu, we want to extend our deepest appreciation to our customers and partners for voting Scott Kuzdzal and Robert Clifford to The Cannabis Scientist’s Power List for 2020. Inclusion in this list would not have been possible without your support. This recognition is also a testament to the entire Shimadzu team of dedicated product managers & specialists, tech support scientists, and service engineers, and we thank all team members for their commitment to the cannabis industry.
We will do our very best to continue earning your support. Thank you again!
Cannabis has regained much attention as a result of updated legislation authorizing many different uses and can be classified on the basis of the content of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), a psychotropic substance for which there are legal limitations in many countries. For this purpose, accurate qualitative and quantitative determination is essential. The relationship between THC and cannabidiol (CBD) is also significant as the latter substance is endowed with many specific and non-psychoactive proprieties. For these reasons, it becomes increasingly important and urgent to utilize fast, easy, validated, and harmonized procedures for determination of cannabinoids. The procedure described herein allows rapid determination of 10 cannabinoids from the inflorescences of Cannabis sativa L. by extraction with organic solvents. Separation and subsequent detection are by RP-HPLC-UV. Quantification is performed by an external standard method through the construction of calibration curves using pure standard chromatographic reference compounds.
Download these Cannabis and Hemp Testing Materials:
The twelve-page cannabis brochure and hemp brochure provide a general overview of potency testing, terpene profiling, pesticide analysis, residual solvents, heavy metals and moisture content. From balances to HPLCs and GCMS, Shimadzu has you covered!
The Rise of Cannabinomics
U.S. Medical Marijuana Empowers A
Cannabis Laboratory Revolution (PDF)
The Analytical Scientist
Unraveling the Cannabinome (PDF)
A Closer Look at Cannabis Testing
New to cannabis testing?
Download this whitepaper (PDF)
Basic Principles and Theory of GCMS and LCMS
Shimadzu has a long-standing history of GCMS and LCMS. In these two primers, which serve as textbooks as well as practical application guides, we describe the principles of GCMS and LCMS and provide a better understanding of the innovative technology behind mass spectrometry.
- Application News - The Potency Determination of 15 Cannabinoids using the Hemp Analyzer
- Heavy Metals and Cannabis - The challenges of measuring heavy metals in cannabis and cannabis-infused products
- Application News - Analysis of 9 Cannabinoids by Supercritical Fluid Chromatography
- Application News - California and Oregon Residual Pesticide Analysis using APCI with LC-MS/MS
- Application News - Tocopherol (Vitamin E) Analysis in Vaping E-Liquid by UHPLC-PDA
- Application News - Moisture Content of Cannabis and Hemp Flower as Measured with a Shimadzu MOC63u Moisture Analyzer
- Application News - A Study of Filter Types Used in Sample Preparation of Cannabis/Hemp with HPLC Analysis
- Application News - The Potency Determination of 15 Cannabinoids using the Cannabis Analyzer for Potency
- Application News - Quantitative Analysis of 16 Cannabinoids with Complete Baseline Separation of D8 and D9 THC Utilizing the Triple Quad LCMS-8050
- Application News - In-Source Fragmentation of 16 Cannabinoids Using Single Quadrupole LC-MS
- Application News - Quantitative Analysis of Cannabinoids using the LCMS-8040 Triple Quad MS
- Application News - Quantitative Analysis of Cannabinoids using the LCMS-2020 Single Quad MS
- Terpenes & Testing Magazine - Increasing Return on Investment (ROI) for Pesticide Analysis in Cannabis
- Terpenes & Testing Magazine - HPLC Method Development for Baseline Resolution of Seventeen Cannabinoids
- LCMS-8060 and GCMS-TQ8050 - Analysis of Pesticides and Mycotoxins in Cannabis
- Application News - Potency Testing in Cannabis Extracts Using a High Sensitivity Method with the Cannabis Analyzer for Potency
- Application News - The Potency Determination of 16 Cannabinoids by UHPLC with Diode-Array Detection
- Customized Solutions for e-liquids and e-juices analysis
- Technical Report - Choosing the Right Instrumentation for Cannabinoid Analysis
Shimadzu provides a wide array of powerful technologies for cannabis and hemp testing laboratories. Primary applications and platforms are listed below:
|Cannabinoid Potency Testing||HPLC / UHPLC|
|Terpene Profiling||GC, GCMS(/ MS)|
|Pesticide Analysis||LCMS/MS, GCMS/MS|
|Residual Solvents||GC, GCMS(/MS)|
|Moisture Content||MOC63u Moisture Balance, Analytical Balances|
In addition to providing the best instrument platforms for your cannabis testing needs, Shimadzu offers a wide range of consumables – from cannabinoid standards, columns, and vials to solvents and sample preparation devices – to keep your laboratory running efficiently.
Download our Cannabis Consumables brochure and our NexLeaf™ Columns flier to learn more.