MegaTOF™ Megadalton MALDI Mass Spectrometer
Fast, Stable Macromolecular Detection
Shimadzu and CovalX have partnered to offer an integrated MALDI solution for ultrahigh mass applications. The MegaTOF has been developed by optimizing the integration of a high-performance Shimadzu linear MALDI TOF mass spectrometer with a CovalX high-mass system, allowing outstanding detection of macromolecules up to 2,000 kDa.
For these analyses, CovalX developed special cross-linking reagents and buffers for a fast and specific stabilization of protein interactions. The reagents contain 'cocktails' of cross-linkers with different spacer lengths able to covalently bind specific protein complexes with a high degree of efficiency. The specificity facilitates the stabilization of covalent protein complexes – even in contaminated or unpurified samples.
- Fully integrated high-mass MALDI system
- High-sensitivity high-mass detector
- Detects macromolecules up to 2,000 kDa
- Conventional detector (electron multiplier)
- Ideally suited for low mass (<10 kDa) applications
- 15-second changeover time
- Stabilization of molecule using crosslinking reagent kits
- Antibody Characterization
- Antibody-Antigen interactions
- Epitope mapping
- Sandwich assays
- Therapeutic Protein Aggregates
- Inhibitors of Protein-Protein interactions
- Protein Complexes Characterization
- PEG Protein Characterization
- High-Mass MALDI Imaging
- Plasma Screening
- Polymer Analysis
Shown below is a comparison of sensitivity for the analysis of 350 fmol IgM using the HM4 CovalX detector (blue) and conventional detection (red). This work was carried out on an AXIMA Performance fitted with the HM2 detector.
Existing Shimadzu AXIMA MALDI systems (Assurance, Confidence, Performance) can be retrofitted with CovalX's HM4 or HM4 TUVO high-mass system.
Instrument Business Outlook's ASMS 2010 Product of the Show